Manchester Pride Protest
Time shown in British Summer Time.
This is a protest by the LGBTQ+ community against the increasingly commercialised Manchester Pride Festival in response to announcements that the “official” festival would stop funding certain charities, end support for the safe-sex scheme and cancel the popular pride march, while the ticketed festival is still on.
The protest on 28/08 will meet on Witworth Street West by Deansgate Tram Station at 11:30, to begin marching at 12:00. The route of the march:
- Starting at the bottom of Deansgate/Witworth St West heading north
- At the Great Northern Square, truning right onto Peter St
- Continuing onto Oxford St
- At the Palace Theatore, turing left onto Witworth St
- At Sackville Gardens, turning left onto Sackville St
- After Rem Bar, turning right onto Richmond St
- At Churchills, turning left onto Chorlton St
- At Portland St, turning left
- At McDonald’s, turning right back onto Peter St
- At Deansgate, continuing onto Quay St
- At the Opera House, turning left onto Byrom St
- Ending at St John’s Gardens
Please listen to the marshals on arrival and follow their instructions. The route will finish at St Johns Gardens.
There’s no one being paid for this, and we don’t want to be. If you want to help, tell your friends and turn up on the day. If you can afford to, please donate to LGBT+ charities in Manchester.
Get busy making placards and practising your chants! Please bring suncream and water. We also respectfully ask that you please wear face masks and social distance. Please see Twitter account MCRPrideProtest for details and latest developments.
Always check with the official event website or organiser for potential changes. If you find any mistakes in this listing, please let us know.